Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Crikey i have been a bit slack!






I cant believe I havnt blogged since August! - Well actually I can believe it ive just been so busy with my schooling, the kids and their school, birthdays etc etc. Its been a very hectic few months but hopefully its now started to settle a little, although now of course christmas and holidays are coming and now that ive completed my cert 3 in children's services I will be starting a part time job at my daughters daycare centre next wednesday so its busy but very exciting for me.

As a result of being just "slightly" busy over the last few months i havnt really had a chance to be crafty, of course that hasnt stopped me from buying cardmaking mags and oo'ing and ah'ing over all the lovely cards in them and thinking im going to do that when i have time lol. In saying that though I did surprise myself one weekend a few weeks ago by making 4 cards in 2 days! Now for some of you might think yeh thats what i do lol - but for me thats a fair effort to say the least at the moment so i was pretty stoked with myself and with how all 4 cards turned out! I got alot of lovely comments from the birthday girls and boy and some very encourgaing comments from other friends who have seen them. Anyway enough baffling from me the reason your here is to see cards!

The first card i made was for my gorgeous niece Emma who turned 9. I had a friend come over on the friday night with the mission in mind to complete Em's card and i pretty much finished it in one sitting lol










I must thank my wonderful friend CarlyW for teaching and showing me how to colour black hair! Its something I have wanted to do for ages but has always scared me lol. But for a first effort im pretty pleased with how the hair turned out. The image is of course a Tiddly Inks image called pinky. I just love tiddly inks digis! and thought this image would suit my niece down to a tea! I decided to throw a doily behind it just because it looked to be missing something and the bling is from kaszazz a scrapping party plan :)




I coloured a little cupcake that came with pinky and stuck it on the inside, i used glossy accents on the cupcake holder not that u can see it and used a cirlce border punch (that almost matches the doily on the front) for the inside of the cards to write on.

The second card of the weekend was a card for my sister who's birthday was the day after my neices! Didnt want to do anything too over the top on her card as shes just not like that, but loves butterflies so there had to be one on there somewhere lol




For this card being that I was pretty time poor I just wanted something quick and easy but something that still looked lovely. This card was inspired from a Kaszazz card quick kit that i had in the cupboard I just replaced the purple with blue bazzill bling and changed the design around a bit and added some different ribbon. I think it turned out rather lovely in the blue which is one of my sisters fav colours.

The 3rd card of the weekend was for a very insipiring friend who was turning 30. My lovely friend has just only in the last few months under gone a major life saving surgery. She has been so positive and ever so happy as always even knowing that any time any post operation issues could arise and the operation could have been an unfortunate failure. So we were all glad that she was here and well enough to celebrate her 30th, we gave her a huge fantastic night out on the town!



This card was also inspired form the same card kit as above, but I just decided to use a larger cards and add purple ribbon. The little square bling ribbon thingy doesnt come in the kit, i just had it in my cupboard and thought my friend would love it.

The 4th and final card for the weekend would have to be my absolute most favourite ever i think, Im really pleased with how it turned out and my nephew really liked it aswell so thats great. My nephew Liam, whos birthday is on halloween and the day after his mother's (which makes it 3 birthday in the same family in a row!) turned 16 this year. I cant believe it been 16 years since he was born! He is my oldest nephew and as a child was a rotten little thing for his mother, but as he got older he has done a complete 360 and has turned into the most repectful, highly intelliegent, humourous young man anyone could ever meet! Even he doesnt believe us when we tell him how horrible he used to be lol. He is a credit to himself, his mother and his stepfather. Im going to stop talking about him now as i can feel tears welling up lol, anyway back to his card





The image vampire lestat i think its called is from Tickled Pink Stamps I think he looks fantastic and fit the halloween theme very nicely and knew Liam would appreciate it. The stripy paper is something i found in my paperfile and is from basic grey its actually a christmas paper called figgy pudding but i thought the colours matched nicely and the dotty paper is Bo Bunny - harvest dots which i brought specifically for something else but ohwell i have some left over for my other project. I just used my black copic fineliner for the fake stitching because number 1 I couldnt be bothered getting my sewing machine out and number 2 i think for a 16 yo boy proper stitching might b a bit girly lol. Im pretty pleased with the colouring of his cape, although is not quite the red i had in mind but turned out well nonetheless. I have been encouraged by a friend to enter this card to tickled pink's guest DT call, but hmmm not sure if it would be good enough lol. Maybe i'll think about it and see anyway that was one long huge post with a lot of pics, so i had better get going and finish some other things before i head over to a friends house for coffee. Now that ive gotten into the blogging habit again hopefully i'll be back in a few days with another card made lol
Thanks for checking out my blog - happy crafting xx

1 comment:

  1. Just had to get on here and check out your cards while I was waiting for tea to cook :) Gorgeous! and yes your card is good enough to enter the DT! you should listen to that wise friend :) lol

    Hope you had a great cup of coffee or two with your friend ... I know I did he he he he.

    Looking forward to your next post ..... :)

    Big hugs

    ReplyDelete